4X AGP defined

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Heeter, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi guys,

My MOBO sez it is 4X AGP. Does my vidoecard become 4X agp when installed or does the card have to support 4X AGP? a program I installed that tells me info on the board sez that my AGP slot is at 1X, but the led on the board indicating 4X is on. I guess I am asking for a good description of what is going with my setup. I got a DFI CA64-SC MOBO, PIII 733 and a ATI RAGE FURY PRO 32 meg videocard.

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

you need to go into the bios and set the 1x , 2x , 4x options for your AGP card ... but your card has to support 4X ( example if I took a 8x card on a board that supports only 4x I could run the card at 4x) but the card has to support the X you choose

3. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Thanks, Kermit.

I will try that.

I do know that the card supports it. I just checked the adapter info and it says so.

Heeter

4. deadzombie

deadzombie Guest

Kermit is dead on with the BIOS settings, although he didn't mention some newer BIOS auto-detect the highest AGP multiplier your card can handle and adjusts it for you. For example; I know Gigabyte boards have to be manually set, but new Asus boards are hands free.