£425 PS3 Will Sony pay for it?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Tricky2050, May 20, 2006.

1. Tricky2050

Tricky2050 OSNN Junior Addict

Tbh I was extremely annoyed at Sony for the price they have set for the UK and now I'm gonna say something I thought I may never have said. I think I will be getting a Wii before a PS3. I have long been a fan of the Playstation but at that price I would far rather making my pc beastly. I know they say blu-ray players will be more expensive and the PS3 is a bargain but does anyone actually care if it had blu-ray, it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest if it was HD-DVD. Also I don't think the Wii is going to struggle for quality games with Zelda, Metroid Prime and Mario making a reappearance and Red Steel looks amazing. Nintendo just intrigues me so much more with the capabilities of thier controller even though the hardware doesn't quite match Xbox360 or PS3. Well those are my thoughts anyway, just wondering if anyone else felt the same?

2. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

Sony is one of the primary backers of the Blu-Ray standard, just as Microsoft is one of the primary backers of the HD-DVD standard. That is the reason for Sony's decision. However, it should be noted that Microsoft did not include HD-DVD support out of the box. You will have to buy a separate add-on, which may be why the XBox 360 entered the market as soon as it did.

Myself, I will likely be getting both a PS3 someday and a Wii, but I'm never an early adopter. I'll need a few games out first.

Melon