3rd Party Picture-transfer apps?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find out if I can use a 3rd party application strictly for the transferring of pictures from my camera to my desktop. I have a Kodak CX4200 Camera with the Kodak Easyshare software, and I flat out hate it. Here's why:

1. Whenever you open the program, it displays the last pictures transferred. These are a pain to remove.
    2. You are unable to specify the names of the newly copied pictures. Just a funky numbering system, and JPG are in caps make uploading and internet browsing a PITA.
    3. Inability to create and upload to new folders. I think it'd be nice to be able to have the program create a folder based on the date so I can just upload that and hell have a better photo album.
    4. Make it easier to delete and add pictures, as well as to transfer. The easyshare has a dock that I can hit a button and it will transfer... but that's only if the program is running. If the program isn't running when you hit the button, you're forced to scrounge through a lot of menu's to be able to transfer the pictures from your camera to your PC.

I just would really love to make use out of 3rd party software so I can have a happy experience using my digital camera. I hope something like this is possible, I'd imagine it is b/c I'm relatively certain Photosho and other programs can do it.

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

When you plug in the camera, doesn't the memory card show up as a removable drive in Explorer? That way, you can just copy/paste all the pictures from the camera's card to your hard disk.

If not, you could also take a look at Picasa. It's a great little app, not only to transfer pictures, but also to organize your collection. It's also free ever since Google took it over from Lifescape Inc.
    http://www.picasa.com

[​IMG]

3. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Picasa is nice, but so is Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0. You might want to try it out. :)

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I use Windows Explorer or Jasc Aftershot. The mini drive in my computer from your memory card is better than after shot, just double click it and drag pics to a new folder and view there.