3rd Party Picture-transfer apps?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Woodbury, NJ
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to find out if I can use a 3rd party application strictly for the transferring of pictures from my camera to my desktop. I have a Kodak CX4200 Camera with the Kodak Easyshare software, and I flat out hate it. Here's why:

1. Whenever you open the program, it displays the last pictures transferred. These are a pain to remove.
    2. You are unable to specify the names of the newly copied pictures. Just a funky numbering system, and JPG are in caps make uploading and internet browsing a PITA.
    3. Inability to create and upload to new folders. I think it'd be nice to be able to have the program create a folder based on the date so I can just upload that and hell have a better photo album.
    4. Make it easier to delete and add pictures, as well as to transfer. The easyshare has a dock that I can hit a button and it will transfer... but that's only if the program is running. If the program isn't running when you hit the button, you're forced to scrounge through a lot of menu's to be able to transfer the pictures from your camera to your PC.

I just would really love to make use out of 3rd party software so I can have a happy experience using my digital camera. I hope something like this is possible, I'd imagine it is b/c I'm relatively certain Photosho and other programs can do it.
  2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    When you plug in the camera, doesn't the memory card show up as a removable drive in Explorer? That way, you can just copy/paste all the pictures from the camera's card to your hard disk.

If not, you could also take a look at Picasa. It's a great little app, not only to transfer pictures, but also to organize your collection. It's also free ever since Google took it over from Lifescape Inc.

3. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Picasa is nice, but so is Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0. You might want to try it out. :)
  4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I use Windows Explorer or Jasc Aftershot. The mini drive in my computer from your memory card is better than after shot, just double click it and drag pics to a new folder and view there.