3rd Party ATI Driver

I have just coughed up for Hafe-Life2 so will give this driver a go as the 4.12 cats are supposidly optimised for HL2 and this driver is an optimised 4.12 driver!

yeah i'm using the tc drivers. i used to use the omega ones which are amazing, but i heard that the tc used the beta 4.12s and is optimized for hl2 so i gave it a try. hl2 runs well on my computer as is, so i didn't really notice a significant speed increase, but i suppose if i were getting lower frame rates to start off with that it'd make a big difference. as for other games i don't really know, i've only tested it with nfsug2, and that runs well anyway also. i'd just stick with omega unless you're really hurting for better frame rates.

i started using the 3rd party drivers because, somewhere down the line, "Fastwrite" was turned on for my 9600XT and it was screwing everything up... games would hang.

Once i figured that out, i went back to the ATI drivers to be sure...
but yea, with the HL2 release, I went with the optimized ones.

I see they'res an older version of the control panel bundled with the TC drivers, which are no use to me since I couldn't change my AGP speed. I have to lower my AGP speed since my card doesn't work all that well with my motherboard. I ended up just going back to the regular catalysts.

I have been running these drivers for a while now. As far as I can see it’s just the 4.12 beta drivers with an optimised opengl file (for doom3) and a couple of other tweaking files.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back