3dmark 2001 SE score went down ......

razor_ro

OSNN Addict
ok, my problem is my 3dmark 2001 se score went down almost 1000 points, :( , everything was working great before, the only thing i remember doing that might of influenced my scores is converting my HDD from FAT32 to NTFS..... can that be the problem??? i noticed an overall system performance drop, like before, at startup everything would load up fast (the system tray would be loaded up in 2 secs) now it takes about almost a minute for everything to load up once i see my wallpaper.... keep in mind that before i did a clean install with NTFS and everything worked great, so i know its not the file system (ie FAT32 vs NTFS) i think it could be converting the HDD's altogether, ..... one more thing that might of been the problem is, under SYSTEM properties, i went to PERFORMANCE TAB and changed my MEMORY/PROCESSOR utilization tfrom APPLICATIONS to BACKGROUND and APPS to SYSTEM CACHE.... i switched them back to the way they were but it onbly gave me a couple hundred back.... iwent from 9515 to 8600 points..... ALMOST 1000 point drop.... WAAAAAAAAAA.... someone help, thx in advance,

RaZoR

ps.... i dont see a huge performance drop in games, maybe every once in awhile a lil slow down but thats it, i think it could be a bug with 3dmark 2001 se, dont find it too consistent, btw i defrag my system regularly ( 2x a week).....

ok a lil better.....

ok my pc no longer takes forever to load up on start up, (i dont know why) i was messing around with some settings and it works fine, but now, my score is 8500..... it keeps going down?? i dunno what i did, i had such a great setup before, i should of never converted to NTFS :mad: , oh well, now i get more lag than usual when i play games, MADDEN 2k3, GTA3, etc ..... these games never lagged before..... i tried re-installing the VIA 4.41's and 4.42's and even NVIDIA 30.82's and 31.00's and still get crappy scores,..... i am going to put my 1000 points on a milk carton soon if i can't figure out this f#$@'ing problem.....

RaZoR

man get ATI tools or ATI tray tools i was getting like 8750 and rased the memory and the clock up a bit and i now get 10653 and games run alot smoother and ATI tray toolsdoes this great thing and finds the best clock and memory for you so give it a try and they can be found at www.softpedia.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back