3D web browser

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by coathanger007, Nov 9, 2003.

1. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

The idea behind the CubicEye is to organize that messy pile of web pages and applications on your computer desktop into a coherent, easy-to-navigate cube.

Arrange your cubes by thematic or functional subject matter. Explore them either individually or collectively - as part of a more comprehensive structure of multiple cubes representing your various areas of interest.

CubicEye Tools allow webmasters and software developers to organize their content, functions, and interfaces into single or multiple cubes, taking advantage of not only the surfaces of the cubes, but the space inside as well, for the display and manipulation of both content and data.

http://www.2ce.com/

2. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Cool! I remembered seeing that a few months ago and spent a while looking for it, but gave up when I couldn't remember what it was called and didn't feel like sifting through google hits.

I knew it would surface again somewhere and here it is. Thanks. :)

3. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Hmmph, you have to wait until they send you instructions via email to download the program.

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Looks interesting :)

5. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Well, I was able to d/l and install it. It IS neat, and rotates smooth, but the actual web pages are slow as hell. Maybe I need a new PC? :confused:

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Wonder why it should load pages slowly. It's just a frontend for Internet Explorer.
    Haven't given it a try yet, but I might sometime soon.

7. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

No, the pages load ok, they just don't scroll well and rollovers respond slow to the mouse. It must be because of the image/font scaling. I did notice the pages aren't as "clean" as they normally appear in IE.