30th June Update

Maveric169 said:
ahhhh crap, that is why my whole HDD thread is gone. Thought I was losing it. I take it I need to re-create my thread then?
You do unfortunately :(

dreamliner77 said:
Haven't we learned our lessons about backing up? :)
We have, without back-ups everything would be gone. Also daily back-ups shall soon be implemented.

Yeah, I had like 42 or (there abouts posts) last night, and now 3, though I guess that's all getting restored.

It also seems that certain recent threads have gone bye, bye (well altogether).

Any threads created since around the 19th are no more.

Glaanieboy said:
I thought I had gone mad. The last post I saw was from June 19th :huh: Does this mean all posts dating from June 19th are lost? Or are they just in the wrong place?
be rest asured ... you are quite mad...

had nothing to do with a SQL problem...

SPeedY_B said:
You do unfortunately :(

We have, without back-ups everything would be gone. Also daily back-ups shall soon be implemented.

Daily back-ups are not that difficult to accomplish

tdinc said:
Daily back-ups are not that difficult to accomplish
yeah thanks for that update. now that we know we can get to work on it.

Phew... I was smelling my armpits thinking I did something wrong, lol :eek:

xsivforce said:
Probably lost and I just professed my undying love and devotion to another member here in a thread today. It is gone now and I may not have the nerve to post it again. I hope you know who you are. Holla at me.

Don't worry, I got pics. Like always. :p

Lonman said:
Phew... I was smelling my armpits thinking I did something wrong, lol :eek:

You did... ya smelled 'em. :p

You still invisible? :eek: :D

Daily backups are not gonna be a pain for me to run manually.
I have significantly reduced the size of the database (but this time without killing 2 years worth of data -- woohoo) by removing the avatars and attachments.

Attachment thumbnails will be removed next, as I believe there will be a vBulletin3 update today. Which of course will mean a little bit of downtime, but I will be working it offline to make it as painless as possible. Lots of bug fixes in there too, including a few for firefox!

Electronic Punk said:
Daily backups are not gonna be a pain for me to run manually.
I have significantly reduced the size of the database (but this time without killing 2 years worth of data -- woohoo) by removing the avatars and attachments.

Attachment thumbnails will be removed next, as I believe there will be a vBulletin3 update today. Which of course will mean a little bit of downtime, but I will be working it offline to make it as painless as possible. Lots of bug fixes in there too, including a few for firefox!

Maybe these updates are what is f00kin things up?

It's like when we update/upgrade our Browsers, sometimes the update/upgrade is worse than what is being used. Justa thought. :)

No, the problem yesterday was totally my fault.
And waddys. j/k

I am still have gremlin type issues...
I tried to open 2 threads each time it wouldnt open them... by the 4th time on each they just opened... some weird stuff

Yeah, this patch has been a long time coming and I am hoping it will really polish what we have already.

Basically I will download a copy of these forums to my desktop when I get home. Files/theme/additional database tables.

Copy in the new files. Update all modified and remodified templates (which is a pain but so much easier than vb2), reapply all the hacks. Test it.

Turn off the osnn forums and upload. Reimport my local theme to the new theme (should be easier than copying and pasting the remodified templates, but we will see)

And then we are good to go. He said.

Today there will be two daily backups... before and after the upgrade.
Of course I am assuming it will be released today!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back