300W power supply enough??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bpimpdaddy21, May 14, 2002.

1. bpimpdaddy21

bpimpdaddy21 Guest

I am building a new computer system, and I was wondering about the size of the power supply. I am building a system with more than likely the following:
    Abit KR7A-133RAID
    Athlon XP 1800+
    512MB DDRRAM
    S.B. Audigy MP3+
    TDK VeloCD 40x12x48x CD-RW
    Maxtor 60GB Hard Drive
    Quantum 30GB Hard Drive
    Iomega Zip Drive
    MSI GeFORCE 4 Ti 4400
    That is the basics. I am looking at an enermax case that include their 300W power supply (EG301P-VB). My Question is will the 300W power supply be enough for this? I really want this case, but I am not sure if the 300W supply is gonna be enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

I would go with at least 350.

3. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Im running 300w with just about the same thing there minus a harddrive. No problems at all.

4. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

go with a 350 but i wouls reccomend 400 as i have a lot of equipemtn and a lot of fans. better with a more powerful ps

5. VT2K

VT2K Guest

You can probably get away with the 300W, but if you may want to consider a 350. Check out pricewatch and see if you can find the case w/o the power supply and just buy it separately.

6. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Ya, I'd recommend atleast a 350-400, a 300 will support it, but better safe then sorry.

7. MAC

MAC Guest

What you are asking is basically "I have purchased near state of the art equipement including chip, vid card, mobo, multiple hardrives etc." Is a 40.00 ps going to power this. Do not skimp here. With your list a 350W will do, and a 400W allows room for possible further expansion/multiple fans.

8. bpimpdaddy21

bpimpdaddy21 Guest

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback!