30 second limit and-Warning: Page has Expired The page...

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by Jmtyra, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Jmtyra

Jmtyra Guest

Ok, I can understand the 30 second limitation, and I respect that. But when I press back to go to everything that I typed I get this:

That is dang annoying. I know this is not my computer because this only happens here. I visit 12 other forums and 2 of them use vBulletin as used here so what can I do to prevent this? Any comments/feedback is appreciated because this is very annoying. Sorry to vent but I just lost a rather large post to that--twice. :(

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Cant say it happens here.
    It has happened to me before now (not on this site) but only when using IE, i use Mozilla now :happy:

3. Jmtyra

Jmtyra Guest

I use CrazyBrowser (which uses IE).

I have been checking my settings to see if that has something to do with it.

*sigh* :(

4. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I'd think its a cache setting.
    IE/CB isnt keeping the page/what you wrote in memory/cache, so when you return back after receiving the warning, the page has expired.

A tip i will give you tho is wait on the page that tells you about not being able to post for 30 seconds... then press refresh. As the data has been posted to that page already, refreshing will re-post the data, but the time limit will have passed by.

5. Jmtyra

Jmtyra Guest

Thanks! I will try that next time. I apprecaite the feedback. :) :blink: :happy:

6. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

This is a combination of HTML forms and the browser. There is no way to prevent it from happening. MSIE knows you have submitted something using a form and warns you that the data (when you refresh) will be different. The message clearly states this.

It has nothing to do with the forum settings. It's MSIE itself.