3+ simultaneous keys

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by adamg, Jul 19, 2003.

1. adamg

adamg Guest

Is there anyway of increasing the number of keys that can be pressed at the same time? The limit of 2 can get annoying in some games. If you press more than 2 the computer just beeps.

2. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

what game? try to be more specific in yer questions please.

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

you should be able to do at least three at a time. for instance, ctrl + alt + delete. anything less than that is probably a limit of the program.

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

i used to get that on my old keyboard, got me a logitech usb and i can press 5+

forwards, + walk key + side shift + side step + reload = ownage ;)

5. Yup my brother had a problem like that too. Except it only was a problem when he combined the Left Arrow key with the Up arrow key. When he tried to move forward rotate left and shoot it wouldn't work. Forward, rotating right and shooting worked fine! :confused: He tried like 3 different keyboards all with the same problem and finally the 4th one which was wireless worked?! Still not sure what was going on...

6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

I guess it's got (partially anyway) to do with the wiring matrix in the keyboard. If it's "badly" made the keyboard can't determine what keys are pressed if you press more than, say, 3 of some keys.

It's a teory anyway. :) Could be drivers too.