24pin PSU

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
can you connect a 24pin connector to a 20pin slot on a motherboard or will that just cause a whole lot of trouble?

Didnt dawn on me that they now have 24pin as the standard and not 20+4 :( so wondering if just plugging it in and having the extra 4 just hang on the side ok or not

My PSU (Antec Smartpower 500w) had a 24 pin connector and it had little tabs near the end. You could snap the tabs and disconnect the extra 4 pins to convert it to a 20 pin connector. If your doesn't have that than you'd need a convertor.

Yes there are alot of the 20/24 psu's now that can work in both

Also there are plenty of guides which can show you how to remove the last four pins by simply cutting the last four pins off...

I would not reccopmend this however, unless you have electronics experience...

I did mine but I went through eletronics school in the US Navy...

:D

also - you will not cause any trouble.... unless you supply the wrong rails with the wrong volts.... and with a 24 pin to a 20 pin I doubt your ability to screw it up like that....

Then again you could impress us all - in which case we want video! :dead:

yeah they let me take it back and get a another one that was 20 + 4 so i could snap off the other 4....were you a SeaBee Mlakrid?

yeah they let me take it back and get a another one that was 20 + 4 so i could snap off the other 4....were you a SeaBee Mlakrid?

Nope,

Seabees dont get electronics training they get electrician training... A bit different... I was a Cryptographic (Maintenance) Technician...

Served for nine years from 1990-1999.

How is it you know about Navy Ratings and job specialties?

:eek:

was stuck at the horid Sheppard AFB for past two months doing munitions systems training and Seabeas get trained there so would run in to them on the weekend at bars and at midnight chow

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back