24: Season 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by muzikool, Dec 5, 2005.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

The DVD box set for this season comes out tomorrow (Tuesday). Any fans here going to be getting it? I don't ever watch the episodes on TV, I just wait for the DVDs every year. I tried to do that with Lost, but I just couldn't take it! :p

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Well I love the show, watched about half the first season on DVD. So I'm about three and a half seasons behind. It's on Christmas break the to-do list. :p

3. muzikool

Wow. That's some fun you've got in store for yourself!

4. Grandmaster

I'm not sure if I detect some sarcasm here :lick:

5. muzikool

No, that really would be fun. :p Wish I had the free time.

6. Grandmaster

Well, I it's going to be awesome because I won't have college for 28 days! Woot!

7. muzikool

The reason I'm looking forward to the college break is because the college kids in my building will be gone home for that amount of time. It will be quieter and easier to find a parking space! :D

Wow, do I sound old? I've only been out of college 2 years. :p

8. Grandmaster

Based on the line I've emphasized, yes :eek:

9. muzikool

Touché. :p

10. Grandmaster

I find it hard to believe only two people enjoy 24.

11. muzikool

Yeah, maybe people are missing the thread?

12. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

I LOVES me some 24. I think its weird how Fox keeps finding great dramas (24, House, Prison Break) but can't find an audience for the best comedy since Seinfeld (Arrested Development). Anyways, 24 is an amazing show. I think season 1 and 2 are the best. Season 3 was just weird with the drug lords and prison breaks and all. Season 4 was awesome except for....

The death of the bad guy at the end of episode 24. It looked like something out of the original Superman movie.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  13. muzikool

Thanks for telling us it was a spoiler, but there are spoiler tags

[ s p o i l e r ] [ / s p o i l e r ] without the spaces, of course. :)

I haven't watched Season 4 yet, so we can't really discuss it.

14. BouncingSoul

Fixed it. That is better looking and now no one will inadvertantly read it and be pissed at me.

15. muzikool

:up: Thanks.

So without being too specific, how did Season 4 compare to the others? You liked it better than 3, but not as much as 1 and 2?

16. BouncingSoul

All of the seasons are good. 3 just required such a leap of faith to believe, that one got a lot better the 2nd half of the season. 4 on the other hand was consistently good and for the most part believable. It also had a lot of new charcters plus some returning faces that were a welcome surprise. If you can avoid the ads for Season 5 you'll be happy cause they pretty much give away the ending of season 4. Although the DVD of season 4 is supposed to have a "setup" piece explaining what has happened between 4 & 5. I'd suggest watching that after 4 but before 5 starts in mid January.

17. muzikool

I'm going to try and finish Season 4 before 5 begins. I haven't been able to do it the past couple of years, but maybe I'll be able to this time.

I always avoid the ads when they come on TV. My wife will watch them, but I'll just leave the room or plug my ears and not watch. :laugh: The same goes for Lost -- I won't even watch the "Next Time" preview at the end of an episode.

18. BouncingSoul

Not sure if anyone is still reading this but I hope so! I found this "real" rejection letter sent by the producers to some schmuck who wrote a spec script for 24..

Funny and true! Still love the show though.

19. muzikool

:laugh: That's funny!

20. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Me being in FroggyLand still, I can tell you that we love the 24 show, I myself bought the seasons 1-2-3 box set for 99€, I also have the season 4 complete on dvd-rw for now thanks to my home dvd-recorder when available on sat :)
    The season 4 is already available on dvd in stores here for a few weeks now, but thre's no french track nor subs on it and my wife doesn't speak English, so have to wait... ;)