216Mbps available home users 2004

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pn_dbmsgerror() in /home/thiggins/web/referer.php on line 117

Could you copy and paste it? I'm getting the same problem as Jewelzz, even with the top-level domain.

:rolleyes:
Broadband over Powerline (BPL) technology company Corridor Systems today announced the results of latest testing of its PowerCorridor system for broadband communication over medium-voltage powerlines.

The company said it demonstrated end-to-end bandwidth of 216 Mbps—four times faster than has been claimed with any previous technology—which it believes is the highest communication speed ever achieved over a real medium-voltage powerline grid.

PowerCorridor is based on the company's patent-pending E-Line technology capable of delivering hundreds of Megabits of bandwidth over single-conductor medium-voltage powerline. The technology has been in development for 2.5 years, and uses 802.11b/g wireless connections from any point along the electric grid to end-users. A Homeplug-compliant version for end-user access over the low-voltage lines is also in development.

Corridor Systems plans continued testing and trials of its system with other leading utility and service provider partners in the coming months. General availability of the PowerCorridor system is planned for Q2 2004.

The prototype PowerCorridor system was deployed over a section of 12kV grid operated by Pacific Gas & Electric.. The test configuration linked two computers located at either end of a quarter-mile segment, transporting Ethernet/IP end-to-end. The company said the tests confirmed numerous aspects of its approach including:

* 216Mbps raw bandwidth with simultaneous, bi-directional, and symmetrical end-to-end delivery
* overall latency of less than 500 microseconds
* Multiple independent channels each operating bi-directionally
* Use of microwave bands for very high information capacity powerline communications while avoiding interference issues of some other BPL approaches
* Very low emissions levels compliant with FCC Part 15
* Simple, rapid installation with no electrical characterization of grid required
* Performance capabilities that allow creating networks which span more than 5 miles
* Viability of leveraging low-cost 802.11 chipsets for powerline communications

excuse me, i have to go clean my shorts now.

why? you spill something? :p

It'll be soooooooo much money it wont even be funny, if you ask me they should concentrate on making what internet access we already have more available and cheaper, rather than putting money into speeds that no one will ever need.

Originally posted by Chris
why? you spill something? :p

It'll be soooooooo much money it wont even be funny, if you ask me they should concentrate on making what internet access we already have more available and cheaper, rather than putting money into speeds that no one will ever need.
Well said :D

I need more speed, but then again i am a speed freak and hate to wait.

All i want is faster upload speeds, that way uploading my site wouldnt take years. But i only do that every so often :)

WOOT !!! I need a towle NOW !! Man imagine the stuff you can download with that :)

all legal stuff, of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back