20,000 Warcraft III accounts banned

G

Gouk

Source: GameSpot.com

Blizzard has closed 20,000 Battle.net accounts found to be using the Warcraft III map hack, and the CD keys have been banned for two weeks.

Last month, Blizzard acknowledged that a Warcraft III map hack that can dispel the fog of war was being used by some to gain an unfair advantage in Battle.net's ladder rankings. Blizzard has announced its first major response, the cancellation of 20,000 Warcraft III Battle.net accounts that have used the map hack. Warcraft III owners may open more than one Battle.net account, and the CD keys used to create the canceled accounts have also been banned for two weeks.
Players who fear they've been a victim of the map hack can still report abuses to Blizzard at hack@blizzard.com. More information on Blizzard's recent actions and its Battle.net policies can be found on the official Battle.net site.

Serves them cheating fools right!!

Serves em right. I only wish Sierra / Valve had the same stance.

same here... too many hax0rs online and it really ruins it for the rest of us...

if they whinge... well sod em...

however as a compromise.. the hax0rs should be allowed to play on a cheaters only server... only places they can converge... and play against each other... that should be MUCHO fun to see which is the biggest cheat of em all..

as for CS e-punk... just play on a GOOD clan server which is always moderated and you will be just fine...

The really sad part about Blizzard and Sierra / Valve and the way the try and curb cheating on their servers is that they are both owned by the same company Vivendi Universal

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back