2 Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mr_whitebloke, Feb 12, 2003.

1. 2 Problems

1) Somehow my "My Music" folder icon has changed just to a normal folder icon.

Why?
    How can I repair it?

2) On my notification area down at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, (where all the icons are), the little arrow which allows you to show all the hidden icons, has GONE. It still hides things but because the button is gone, I cant see them.

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

right click the my music folder and change the icon and about the taskbar, are you using a visual style if so then reload it or choose another style

3. Thanks for ur help but it still doesnt work.

a) You cannot change the icon for the music folder like this.
    b) The Visual Style doesnt help.

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

for the music folder: create a new temp folder put your music in it. delete your old my music folder and rename the temp folder to my music and no you can change the icon.

for the taskbar: try disabeling the hide feautrue and then reanable it

5. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

in tweakUI at the very bottom of the list there is a option to repair icons click that and it will put all your icons back to the way they were when XP was first installed.

6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

You may have accidently deleted the desktop.ini file in the My Music folder. It is a hidden file, so make hidden files visible and check if there is a desktop.ini file. you can open it in notepad. It should look like the attached textfile (replace xxx with your username).
    If the file is not there type or paste this in notepad and save it as desktop.ini to your My Music folder. Log out and log in again.