2 hard drives

N

NLM

I just put in another hard drive. I cant smeem to get it working. All the cables are connected. I am at a lost any suggestions will help.

thanks

Originally posted by o0 nlm 0o
I just put in another hard drive. I cant smeem to get it working. All the cables are connected. I am at a lost any suggestions will help.

thanks

you have to set them up using the jumpers on the back of the drive as slave and master configuration if you have them on the same channel... or even otherwise...

I highly recommened that :)

oh yeah here is the big problem. One of the hard drives uses a differnt size IDE cable. so I have 2 seperate ones. That may be causing the issue?

what do you mean by different size? the ide interface is all the same.

Different size??? There is just one size unless it's a 2.5" (laptop) drive or a Serial ATA. :confused:

I have no idea. I am at work right now and I use a computer to play around with. I was adding another HD in it. It really is differnt. It is smaller. It is a dual processor HP I belive. This cable does not look like an IDE but it goes to the hard drive. Thats the only way I can connect it. I am at a lost and confused. I thought my work had top of the line stuff. I guess I can now say its ghetto.

wel, no... it could be a serial-ata cable you're dealing with, if the harddrive is really new. is it much thinner than the regular ide ribbon cable?

ok this cable goes from the mobo to the hard drive to the mobo again

:D that's a new one.

it shouldn't. ide cables generally have 3 connections on them. one end (sometimes blue) gets plugged into the motherboard. the other two are for two drives. the master gets plugged into the end connector and slave (if present) gets plugged into the middle connector. and the jumpers should be set accordingly (master/slave) on the corresponding drives.

that what I thought. Oh well. I will let you know once I figure it out. Thanks for the help.

WTF is this anyway? Now I'm very confused. You don't have a camera you can take some pictures of this do you? It would be very interesting. :confused: :confused:

Ok It a skuzzy drive (how ever you spell it) That would explain a lot. Now I have to see if there is a way to configure another hard drive.

Thanks for the help.

Aha a SCSI drive. That would need a SCSI controller... You mobo has one built in then? Nice. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back