2 Connections, 1 House

Side question sorta.

I have been searching Google but can't seem to find any information on it. Are there any at all, companies that have a fiber optic service in Ontario (North America), or even any that might start supporting it. I can only find information on what it is.

The more and more I hate North America lol

I don't get many choices, I live with my Family for now and have to go through the troubles finding the best DSL and Cable company, going though the issues of getting both services in the same house.

Or I go though the issues of sharing the same services and everyone complaining.

Or I move out, which is in the plan but not right away. And even if there was Fiber Optics or something better, probably not available for Apartments. lol

Well the nice thing is you can at least pick your DSL provider. With cable you're stuck with who provides for your area.

I don't see the need for ISPs to have bandwidth limits, this is 2008 where there is alot of content online, where you can watch streaming movies and such.

If you really want your own connection your cheapest solution is cable and DSL. and usually with apartments your limited to cable or DSL (some are vDSL).

Yea, I just haven't found a DSL company that gives a good enough speed/price. Everything is slower then the cable company. So lets hope my searching finds something good.

My area; you either have comcost or verizon - Neither of them are good.

Side question sorta.

I have been searching Google but can't seem to find any information on it. Are there any at all, companies that have a fiber optic service in Ontario (North America), or even any that might start supporting it. I can only find information on what it is.

This is a company that does support Fiber in ontario.
there used to be a company in Hamilton called FibreWired which now goes by Atria Networks mostly for businesses but they might service residential

http://www.atrianetworks.com/index.php

Other than seeing bill board advertisements i don't know any other information.

I bet they are $200/month or more, if they were to service moi.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back