2 cards in front of me - need to know which is a better fit for me

tiggerjmp23

OSNN Newbie
I've got an ATI radeon 7000 64mb agp4x/2x and an NVIDIA geforce440mx 64mb agp8x. My computer is a dell xps b933 and it's got an agp 2.0 hookup. I've got the ATI in right now and it works great. Did a pcpitstop test and it tested at 70fps which measured up favorably with similar models. The only major difference that I can see between these two cards is the agp speed but I can't even utilize that because of my aging computer/motherboard.

So Im wondering if I should try the nvidia but I dont want to go thru the hassle of removing all of the ati files unless I'm sure that the geforce will be measurably better. What do you guys think?

What you should do is get the specs on each card and compare. I don't know much about the Radeons, but I know the MX models are the weaker bunch when compared with the Geforce4 models, like a Celeron compared to a Pentium, complete difference. And as far as I know, the Radeon models were, at one point, their front running card, when it was released. 7000.... maybe that came out before the Geforce4, not sure. Anyways, I'm not much help, but I'd say go to the makers websites, or even shopping around and seeing what vendors show are the specs for the cards, maybe they'll provide whatever info you really need.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back