2.5" HDD external enclosure

C

chkhong

Anyone tried to connect a 2.5" HDD external enclosure (model PENR-25 from Quickserv. Computer Co. Ltd -www.qs.com.tw) via USB 1.1?
I can get the drive to appear on the My Computer window but it won't access the drive for anything else (it does show the root directory but that's about it). Just wondering if it is a driver problem. It uses a Scanlogic USB mass storage driver.
The HDD is from a laptop running XP and is NTFS. It is partitioned - could that be it?

Any help or comments is much appreciated.
Regards, CH

it shouldn't have anyhting to do with how your laptop is partitioned.. the drive is considered a USB sotrage device and should very easily be used.. could be a defective USB cable or the drive itself.. could also be a drive issue.. try using a different USB cable to at least rule that out.. have you tried the drive on any other machines?

Thanks for your reply RobbieSan.
Yup tried it on a Win 98 machine too but thatdidn't recognise the device beyond the USB bridge! The cable appears to be working fine I think as disc access is possible until XP is completely loaded. The drive enclosure runs off a ScanLogic USB Mass Storage driver and the HDD is recognised as the correct one when I look in the device manager (in control panel/system). It just work work beyond that! I was wondering if there is a generic XP driver that might work which I haven't got on board.
I will try to get hold of another USB lead but let me know if you have any suggestions as I have run out of ideas!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back