19" montior what resolution

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by oO ShifterZ Oo, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Sagima

Sagima Guest

Whatever you can look at without straining your eyes. I would say 1024x768 - slightly higher for games - 1200x1024 (unless you have some huge need for a big desktop)
  2. llama_tamer

llama_tamer Guest

I would go with 640X480 and only 256 colors.

Seriously....If the hardware supports it, go with the highest resolution and color depth that you like. (1024x768 16bit or 32 bit) Also, set your monitor refresh rate to something higher than the default. The higher the refresh rate the better.....until you toast your monitor. ;)
  3. bheagle

bheagle Guest

I run my 19" in 1280X1024 for windows apps and 1024X768 for gaming. And if your monitor can do 85 hz then I suggest you set it at 85hz.
  4. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

mine is set @ 600x800, 32 bit colour,100hertz refresh
  5. jonocainuk

jonocainuk Guest

1280x1024 32bit @ 85Hz

looks awesome
  6. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Amongst the Native Ones
    Mine (look in my sig) never fails to please my eyes, both for windows and games, all good ! :)

P.s.: Jonocainuk, woul you be so kind as to mail me the image you put on your desktop ? Thanks !
  7. jcs83md

jcs83md Guest

I find 1024x768x32 works for the best for me, compatibility-wise and speed-wise, however I may drop it down to 16-bit for your system to ensure everything runs smoothly.
  8. jonocainuk

jonocainuk Guest

9. 1024x768 the minimum for doing most anything
  10. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Amongst the Native Ones
    Thank you !

Thank you Jonocainuk, I just DLed the image ;) , Waoooo :)
  11. ManMountain

ManMountain Guest

I run 1024x768 32bit on my 19" iiyama. Sure I can go to ridiculous resolutions .. but I'd need binoculars to actually see things :D
  12. jonocainuk

jonocainuk Guest

no probs daemon.

manmountain - 1280x1024 is perfect on a 19" (unless ur blind?) - 1152x864 is good if u dont like it too small

i need loads of space on screen cuz im always designin webpages an stuff - higher res = more space :D
  13. ManMountain

ManMountain Guest

Actually, my eyesight isn't what it's used to be - so I would agree with you. But the kids and the wife also prefer using 1024x768 so there goes the blind theory :p
  14. jonocainuk

jonocainuk Guest

lol - tell em to get their own computer and leave urs alone hahaha - thats what i told the gf for when i move in with her - she wanted to give her comp to her kids an then she can use mine... not a chance :p
  15. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    1024x768 @ 100hz:D
  16. ManMountain

ManMountain Guest

I've actually been thinking about getting some console or another. Probably an xbox. That will keep the kids busy (I hope), as for the missus, I doubt I could pull her away from Dungeon Siege. She's seriously addicted (Perhaps theres a DungeonSiege Anonymous society out there?) :)