150GB Raptor for $189.99 after rebate

Some of those prices were ok, but I generally get better deals buying locally with rebates. (Compusa, Best Buy, Frye's)

I wonder if this is a plan to offset a high failure rate trend on drives sold in the last couple years??? Cancelling the warantee on the replaced drive and not requiring return of the replaced drive sounds fishy. Usually they reuse components in the returned drives to fix warantee repair units.

Some of those prices were ok, but I generally get better deals buying locally with rebates. (Compusa, Best Buy, Frye's)

I wonder if this is a plan to offset a high failure rate trend on drives sold in the last couple years??? Cancelling the warantee on the replaced drive and not requiring return of the replaced drive sounds fishy. Usually they reuse components in the returned drives to fix warantee repair units.

LeeJend I dont think it sounds fishy at all...

Thin of it this way... they sell to resellers, who mark up the item, who then also charge you and I a sales tax and shipping, (if bought online) or not if bought in store...

OR... you can buy direct from WD... who thanks you by letting you buy a newer Hard drive for LESS than you could on your own, and gives you a FULL warranty on the new drive, (which cuts out the middle man mark-up AND allows you to keep the old one (minus the warranty on the old) which is good business on both sides... as far as I am concerned...

I have only had ONE western digital hard drive go bad, and it was my own fault I placed it on top of another hard drive and they were top to bottom and vice versa... it destroyed the drives, and WD had no qualms replacing the drive.

Can I ask what you think sounds fishy? :)

It supports his comments that the technology is comporable. WRT the price, that is the extreme example :D

On a side note, purchased the 74GB version yesterday. Went to build a new PC and I simply won't use the extra space, and the speeds are nearly identical. I have other drives and NAS devices where my data will live.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back