15 head shots in a row? i dont think so

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
yesterday i was playing unreal tournament with my cousin (internet play, im in canada, hes in chile). anyways, i logged on to his server and i suddenly die. i hear "HEAD SHOT!" and i spawn again. i started running and 10 secs later i get "head shotted" again. this happened about....10-15 times in a row and also everytime i confronted my cousin face to face. was he cheating? or just really really good? (i highly doubt this last option since he got the game just last week).
if hes cheating, is there anyway to disable this? or at least do the same so were even?

thx, Apu

Originally posted by apu95
yesterday i was playing unreal tournament with my cousin (internet play, im in canada, hes in chile). anyways, i logged on to his server and i suddenly die. i hear "HEAD SHOT!" and i spawn again. i started running and 10 secs later i get "head shotted" again. this happened about....10-15 times in a row and also everytime i confronted my cousin face to face. was he cheating? or just really really good? (i highly doubt this last option since he got the game just last week).
if hes cheating, is there anyway to disable this? or at least do the same so were even?

thx, Apu

I used to play UT a great deal and I preferred to play sniper arena with whatever the cheat detector was at the time. It's been too long now to remember it. Anyway, no, 15 headshots in a row are not enough to say your cousin is cheating. Some people pick up the game pretty fast. I happened to be good from the start. Once you play with the sniper rifle a little you can learn to get a headshot easily and repeatedly. I'm not going to rule out him cheating but what I am saying is it is quite possible he was not.

there is a weapon (cant remember the name of it)

& its really easy to get headshots one after the other

you right click to zoom in & fire ; it sends off a lightning bolt

ya cant miss

:p

Looks like your cousin is amazing. Maybe he could teach you a trick or two

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
there is a weapon (cant remember the name of it)

& its really easy to get headshots one after the other

you right click to zoom in & fire ; it sends off a lightning bolt

ya cant miss

LOL. The zoom is for amateurs. :p I don't need it unless the person is so far away I can't see them with the naked eye.

With good eye/hand coordination, good judgement at leading a running person and with good aim you should be able to get a headshot even across a long distance where you can barely tell the body from the head without using the zoom. Close up it's cake.

Originally posted by enonemoose
LOL. The zoom is for amateurs. :p I don't need it unless the person is so far away I can't see them with the naked eye.

With good eye/hand coordination, good judgement at leading a running person and with good aim you should be able to get a headshot even across a long distance where you can barely tell the body from the head without using the zoom. Close up it's cake.

he he he

I'm not quite that good

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
he he he

I'm not quite that good

A 21" monitor helps, too. Makes it easier to see :)

i have to say after playing UT and Qake 3 - using the rail gun - i never got the hang of using zoom while moving around, like enonemoose i only use zoom when i can baerly if at all see them.

Hey Apu,

He's cheating...plain and simple. The original Aim Bot cheats, all involved headshots. There are so many cheats for UT it takes the fun out of the game. Alot of the cheats were based on the Loque Bot code.

Do a Google search for Aim bots and UT, you'll be amazed.

How are his other skills? Can he move, dodge, translocate, like a pro? Usually the cheaters are only good at one thing...headshots.

What map was it? Back in my UT days, I used to get 10 headshots in a row, on Face-CTF was fairly common, lol.

Yes it could be possible that he using an AimBot

Originally posted by Gus K
Hey Apu,

He's cheating...plain and simple. The original Aim Bot cheats, all involved headshots. There are so many cheats for UT it takes the fun out of the game. Alot of the cheats were based on the Loque Bot code.

Do a Google search for Aim bots and UT, you'll be amazed.

How are his other skills? Can he move, dodge, translocate, like a pro? Usually the cheaters are only good at one thing...headshots.

I am probably ranked as so-so in dodging. I run right into the thick of things and damage be damned. Either I kill you or you kill me. I never translocate other than getting myself to a location I couldn't jump to. I have amazing accuracy but don't camp. I prey on campers. Am I a cheater? Nope.

Note: No, I haven't taken your posting personally but I am making a point. I beat a lot of people with my "throw all I have in your face" method but nope, I'll never be the best because I don't care to be. My accuracy and reflexes are why I am good.

My point is that although your mention of the aimbot is valid a person can have great aim and not give a damn about the rest.

One question no one has asked is how many shots did his cousin take. Was it a single shot every time or was it multiple shots to accomplish the headshot.

As a newbie player the first thing one tends to work on, in my experience, is your aim, not dodging. He said his cousin had the game for only a week or so?

Just something to ponder...

Im from Chile ;)
But I dont play UT... only CS :p
How's his name ?

When I first started playing UT I got head shots right off the bat, even though I didn't get 10-15. I don't think I could have done that... I think he is probably cheating but as most people's opinions seen here, it really doesn't matter...

If he had a good sniping position all he'd of had to do is set the level of your head and ping off a shot every time you passed. This is possible and happens alot in sniping levels in UT2K3.

On the other hand if he kept on getting headshots in open play whilst running after you etc... then it looks pretty much like he was either remarkably good or cheating!

Mubbers

i don't know what's up with people being blamed of cheating these days. I play Half-Life rather often, and am (from what i've seen others do...) VERY good at the gauss rifle on certain maps. i've had people accuse me of using AIMbot or cheating in some method or form, i jus tell em off. i've NEVER cheated in ANY online game (cept for Diablo 2, but that was on Open BNet)

Hey enonemouse,

One question no one has asked is how many shots did his cousin take. Was it a single shot every time or was it multiple shots to accomplish the headshot.
He's been playing for a week, and he gets 10-15 headshots in a row? No other questions have to be asked. He's cheating. You don't learn where to be, when to shoot, taking ping into consideration, in a week. The first thing players should learn is how to move, if not you are frag bait for anyone who's played the game for any length of time. Without knowledge of the map's layout, and your player's capabilities, you're a dead man. Not a 10-15 headshot in a row, ace. This cannot be acomplished in a week. Hell it takes longer than that to get your mouse sensitivity right.

Originally posted by Gus K
Hey enonemouse,

He's been playing for a week, and he gets 10-15 headshots in a row? No other questions have to be asked. He's cheating. You don't learn where to be, when to shoot, taking ping into consideration, in a week. The first thing players should learn is how to move, if not you are frag bait for anyone who's played the game for any length of time. Without knowledge of the map's layout, and your player's capabilities, you're a dead man. Not a 10-15 headshot in a row, ace. This cannot be acomplished in a week. Hell it takes longer than that to get your mouse sensitivity right.

its based on the persons skill level myself and a few friends can pick up a shooter in a matter of hours no weeks I don't know what all this week talk is about anyone who has played 2 or 3 shooters can pick up a game in a day or two, if u happen to be like my friends and I and play ever shooter that comes out it takes an hour or two.

I also notice (off subject sorta) that in UT2K3 with the lightining gun u can shoot upto almost an inch (on monitor) above some ones head and the damn thing will pop off and say head **** when the crosshairs where nowhere neer there head.

Originally posted by Krux
why in the heck did it bleep the word s h o t???

He he, maybe it looks to much like another word with an "i" in it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back