101 Reasons to use Mozilla instead of IE

Yes Hipster,

Edit>Preferences
Advanced>Mouse Wheel

No Modifier Key: Scroll document (use system default)
Alt: Move forward and back in browsing history
Ctrl: Make the text larger or smaller
Shift: (Whatever you want it to do)

While we're talking about the mouse. In IE I can push down on the scroller to bring up a four way scroller. Is that possible in Mozilla?

muahahaha... told u hammering in the message would work =)

Its not Mozilla's fault that Microsoft can't be standards compliant whoever was complaining about MS's site...

Thatwas me. :p Was wondering when you you were going to wonder in. How about fixing my scroll mouse. ^^^^^^

Hipster, I'm not sure about the middle click since I use it to open links in new tabs.
Will see what I can do...

For those of you using older Mozilla versions, you might want to check this out(it's a few days old): The Register

if thats the security warning then pffttt

IE still has that problem ;)

Mozilla patched it a good month ago muahahaha... errr.. yes...

Posted by yoyo
Did not check all but most of these things I can also do in IE (need plugins for some, but it is possible).

Not plugins, but external software.
Yoyo ... let's just put it this way:

If you were going camping, would you rather carry:
1) a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife
2) each item separately: a knife, scissors, tweezers, nail file, etc. etc.

;)

are u knocking the knife, the scissor, tweezer and nail file??? pfftttt

i know my super deluxe nail file would never match the swiss army knife!!!! =P

Make that 99 reasons...

You can change the throbber "the waving flag icon" in IE. The easiest way is to get a program to do so. Check out: http://www.ispwizard.com/ for a trial program. The instructions for actually changing the icon is found by clicking the "Advanced options" link on the page above.

This works in Win2k, so it should work in XP.

So now all you lizard-lovers out there can have a lizard in IE too :D

PS: the auto-entering of the "http://www." and the ".com" when pressing Ctrl+Enter only works if autocomplete is enabled in case anyone cares.

Well, Hipster said it was 100 earlier (on the first page). So I'm just doing some simple math.
;)

Well, even with all the "plusses", IE is still my choice. Mozilla is just one more thing to install.

I have it installed (along with Opera, Netscape4.79, and Netscape6, and Netscape 7) simply to test scripts and such, but otherwise I never use it.

Posted by Hipster Doofus
I got a guy in flying suit on my mozilla. :D

Sounds like you got the "Sky Pilot" Theme runnin on yer version of the Lizzard there Hipster. :D

I'm runnin 1.2b and still happy. I've used the Lizzard since day ONE and I still enjoy the way it works and reads Sites and Pages better than the "Infernal Error"... I ment IE. :p

And as for security warnings... IE has had security warnings all it's life and it still does to this day, even with the SP1 update.

But I think the most important thing and No. 102 (actually 100, since scriptasylum made it 99)... OPEN SOURCE.

And if you're a Developer that's any good you can make the Lizzard your own. You control IT... IT does not control you like IE. Let's see you get inside IE to see what makes it tick, or tweak it to make it do something YOU want. I DON'T THINK SO!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back