101 Reasons to use Mozilla instead of IE

I got two reasons (so far) to not switch. That mbunny is never around when you need him.

1/ When replying here at the forum the message box is half the size so this would take up 15 lines.

2/ My scroll mouse don't work with. Not all options anyway.

Just though of another one. It takes longer to start up.

small-hidingbehindcomputer.gif

I can take mbunny's place's when he's not here :p

101 vs. 3

We win!

EDIT: #101 should be be your top reason to switch:
"Giant lizards are cool
Much more exciting than a blue e." :D :D

Odds are getting better.
Point 7. More control over text zooming
Can zoom text to any size. IE only supports five sizes and has no shortcut keys that I could determine.
Control + scroll.
Woo hoo. Now it's 100 v 4.

[edit]Gotta luv that slash screen. And mr lizard instead of that stupid flag.[/edit]

If I ever switch from IE to another browser, it would be Opera.

I'll stick with IE.

I'll stick with IE, since my mouse keys work with it by default. :)

There's another reason not to switch. What? 101 v. 5? =)

These 101 reasons somehow did not convince me yet. Did not check all but most of these things I can also do in IE (need plugins for some, but it is possible). Can't help but for some, probably irrational, reasons I don't like Mozilla. I did like Opera from the first moment btw.
Discovered a reason not to switch a few minutes ago. Please have a look at the attached screenshot and tell me how to expand the posts.

I prefer IE because it has the golden feature the CTRL+Enter to complete the www.com!
when using Mozilla I always face a silly problem and that is connection refused ,then I will have to type the url again and again , sometimes it won't work unless I open new page.

Yes Mozilla does have some problems, bugs if you will. IE has a few to, not the least of which is the almost daily security bugs that keep comming up.

But to me the biggest reason for using Mozilla is that I haven't seen a pop-up for months now. Even add on pop-up programs let some through, or kill the ones you want.

And the other indespensible feature that I couldn't get by without is the tabbed interface. But I hear the next version of IE will support this. Once you get used to tabs you won't be able to surf without them.

Hey, I'm so far behind you guys...I'm still using Netscape 4.79

Posted by yoyo
These 101 reasons somehow did not convince me yet. Did not check all but most of these things I can also do in IE (need plugins for some, but it is possible). Can't help but for some, probably irrational, reasons I don't like Mozilla. I did like Opera from the first moment btw.
Discovered a reason not to switch a few minutes ago. Please have a look at the attached screenshot and tell me how to expand the posts.
yoyo I had the same problem a few days ago. I went into my user cp to change it. I just had a look & now I can't see how I did it. :eek:
I am slowly starting to like Mozilla.

Another reason for IE. Mozilla does not like the microsoft site. What a mess. :eek:

Guess I know how to change it in my user cp, didn't look into it. I think this feature of the expandable posts only works in IE. Very likely it is not a fault of Mozilla, but caused by the fact that most pages are optimized for Internet Explorer. Don't know how often you come across those things if you use Mozilla. Have it installed quite a while, but when it comes to choose which of my three browsers to start I most often choose IE or Opera. As I said I don't feel at home using Mozilla but I'll keep trying, it has indeed some nice features.

Another reason for IE. Mozilla does not like the microsoft site. What a mess.

Perhaps the microsoft site does not like Mozilla? ;)

Posted by Octopus
I prefer IE because it has the golden feature the CTRL+Enter to complete the www.com!
when using Mozilla I always face a silly problem and that is connection refused ,then I will have to type the url again and again , sometimes it won't work unless I open new page.

I just typed microsoft and pressed enter, and it went to www.microsoft.com. Same thing with google, hotmail etc.
There's no need for Ctrl+Enter

Posted by Hipster Doofus
Odds are getting better.
Point 7. More control over text zooming
Can zoom text to any size. IE only supports five sizes and has no shortcut keys that I could determine.
Control + scroll.
Woo hoo. Now it's 100 v 4.

[edit]Gotta luv that slash screen. And mr lizard instead of that stupid flag.[/edit]

Control+scroll works ... but you're limited to only 5 sizes.
Have you tried Ctrl+Scroll in Mozilla? Many many more sizes. :)

Posted by Hipster Doofus
Another reason for IE. Mozilla does not like the microsoft site. What a mess. :eek:

Mozilla conforms to W3C standards. A "correctly" coded page should work fine in Mozilla ;)

I'm starting to like this thread :)

NetRyder when I do the control + scroll all it does is scroll the page. Is there a setting somewhere I have missed?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back